Sunday, March 25, 2012

Beer Gun!

I received a Blichmann Beer Gun for Christmas this year, and I finally had a chance to hook it up and use it.  This was the first time that I have bottled beer from a keg and it was so easy.  The Beer Gun allows you to shoot CO2 into the bottle to get rid of the air that would oxidize the beer.  Once the bottle is full of CO2 you just pull the trigger and it will start filling from the bottom of the bottle.  So quick and painless.  While I had help with capping the bottles, I could see how the Beer Gun makes bottling easy for one person on their own.  The Beer Gun is also easy to disassemble for thorough cleaning.  I can take it apart and put it back together in a minute or two.

What finally got me off my butt and putting the Beer Gun to use was the National Homebrew Competition.  I am entering My P-Dub Vanilla Stout and Guinea Pig IPA.  I am not expecting to win anything, but I am looking forward to getting feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment