Monday, February 27, 2012

The Brew Gods Giveth, The Brew Gods Taketh Away

I have been stuck with my control panel build because I was waiting for the last tools to arrive that I needed. Nothing was supposed to arrive until Tuesday at the earliest. Imagine my surprise when I came home to find the mandrel for my hole saws had come two days early. I was so excited that the first chance I got I went down to drill the holes. I was hopeful that I would even be able to put the first coat of primer on the panel before going to bed.

I put the first hole saw on the mandrel, applied some cutting oil and I was ready to cut the holes for the pump receptacles. I started to drill the hole when disaster struck. The drill bit suddenly grabbed the control panel and sheared itself in half!

I called Amazon and they are sending a new part right away. Hopefully I won't have the same issue again. I am just thankful that the bit stayed in the control panel and didn't fly off somewhere.

1 comment:

  1. sometimes there just aren't enough rocks.

    ReplyDelete