Sunday, February 26, 2012

Front Panel Cut

Progress on the brew system build has gone slower than anticipated. Due to a lack of tools and time I haven't been able to get as much done as I wanted. However, I now have all of the necessary tooling in my possession or on order and it should arrive this week. I did manage to get the front panel cut out.

The round holes were made using a 22mm punch. The punch was very easy to use and it gives perfect circle cuts. For the square and rectangle holes I drilled a hole in opposite corners and then used a jigsaw to cut the shape. Then I filed down the edges to make the cut the right size for the components (PIDs, timer, and volt/amp meters). The volt and amp meters also require a notch in the side for it to clip into. I just used the file to make the notch.

In order to punch one of the holes I needed to remove the grounding post. I used a rotary tool to cut the post off then grind it down flat with the rest of the panel. I will now be grounding through a screw that will be holding a faceplate on the front panel.

Hopefully the updates will start coming at a faster pace. For more information on the plans I am following please visit The Electric Brewery. There are wonderful write ups detailing every step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment