Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Change Is Coming

And for once change is a good thing. I mentioned in a recent post that I was going to have some new gear coming into the fold. I will be building a new brew system. The system design comes from the wonderful work of Kal over at The Electric Brewery. I am following Kal's design almost exactly. My system will be designed to handle 50 amps instead of the 30 amps that Kal's initial design details.

You may have noticed my price per pint skyrocketing over the last couple weeks. That is because I started ordering parts for the system. The first parts arrived today. They are easily the second coolest part of the system. I present my new 20 gallon Blichmann Boilermakers! The decision to get the Blichmann kettles was difficult. I could get other kettles cheaper, but I decided to just build exactly what I wanted in the brew system.


I will be documenting my system build here on the blog. I am still waiting for some tooling and additional parts before I can really get started so updates on the system will be slow at first. While I wait I will just be staring at how shiny and cool my new kettles are.

No comments:

Post a Comment