Monday, January 30, 2012

Brewery Upkeep

Over the past couple months I have recommitted myself to brewing. Part of that is doing more of the little things between brew days to ensure that I am getting the most out of the beer that I am working so hard (...right...) to make. Some of the things I need to keep on top of are:
  • Equipment Cleaning - having the mash tun, pots and other associated equipment clean before the next brew day
  • Manage Fermenters - checking the temperature of the closet, keeping enough sanitizer in the air lock, etc.
  • Keg/Keezer Maintenance - cleaning kegs, cleaning beer line, keeping inside of keezer ice and mold free
There are probably more things that I should be doing, but already I am seeing an improvement in not only my product, but the brew day as well. Tonight I spent time cleaning kegs to have them ready for the beers that are currently fermenting. I also cleaned 2 lines that were about to be hooked up to kegs. If I am going to be serious about making good beer, these are the kinds of things I need to keep in mind between brew days. I'm not on a break because I got the beer in the fermenter.

No comments:

Post a Comment