Monday, January 11, 2010

Brew Day - 1/9/10

I had my first brew day of the new year on Saturday. Everything went well except I forgot to take the original gravity measurement. This brew was my first original recipe. I am trying to make a special bitter. The recipe I created is very simple to start. I wanted to have a base that I would be able to specialize. I already have a couple ideas on how to improve it after reading more about the style. The recipe is for a 2.5 gallon batch.

Special Bitter Variation #1
3 lb Gold LME
.75 oz Kent Goldings (4.6%) - 60 min
.25 oz Kent Goldings (4.6%) - 15 min
Wyeast 1098 British Ale Yeast

I also had a friend over and taught him how to homebrew. It went really well and he was really excited about the process. I may have found a brew partner!

No comments:

Post a Comment