Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Tap That!

I spent the last couple days marking and measuring where I needed all of the holes for the internal components for the control panel.  Tonight I decided that I had everything marked correctly and it was time to start drilling.  I started with the heatsink.  The holes for the heatsink were the easier than I was anticipating and were exactly where I needed them.  Next I moved on to the backplate for the internal components.


I got half of the back panel drilled.  I also tapped the holes.  By tapping the holes, I won't have to remove the entire backplate to replace a component if it fails.  Hopefully that situation doesn't arrive, but I am ready if it does.  This whole process has been going smoother and faster than I was expecting.  So far I haven't messed up for any of the components.  It is definitely putting me ahead of the pace to finish my control panel by the end of the weekend.


I also ordered the last parts that I need to do all of the kettle conversions.  So once I finish the control panel I should have the stuff I need to keep moving.  I am getting excited the closer I get to finishing the control panel because the rest of the build should be easier and a lot less stressful.

No comments:

Post a Comment