Friday, February 5, 2010

Finally Stout!

I finally got around to brewing the stout that has been on my list for a couple months. It was the best brew day I've ever had. Everything went smoothly and I didn't forget anything! I overshot my gravity slightly, but that was due to my scaling of the recipe. It was only 3 points so it shouldn't be a big deal. I am really looking forward to this beer. The wort smelled so very delicious.

I also made my first yeast starter for this beer. Figured I would try it out since I could only get a propagator pack of the yeast I needed from the LHBS. I was nervous that I would somehow mess it up, but my fears were washed away when I woke up this morning and the stout was bubbling away intensely.

I'll have updates on this one when it is time to rack onto the vanilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment